Thursday, January 17, 2008

The First Post

I suppose the first post should set forth the premise for having a blog.

My premise for having this blog is to encourage myself to read through the entire American Edition of Luther's Works, in a continuous manner. Further, the challenge includes reading a volume a month until I'm done. I know I say 55 Volumes at the top of the page, most of you know that the last volume will be fairly easy as it is the index. So what this really means is, that at this rate, it will take about 54 months, or 4-1/2 years...yikes

I'll also note that by the time I'm nearing completion of my stated goal, by the great initiative of Concordia Publishing House, (CPH) there will prayerfully be twenty more volumes translated into the English language. For progress on this project, check the CPH website www.cph.org.

With regard to format, I will post as often as I am able. My posts will include the words and thoughts of Luther which may jump out at me during this reading through Luther. I welcome your comments, and insight to my posts, as well as your noting nuances which I will invariably skip over or miss. I will moderate comments and ask that posts are made in a polite and/or professional manner.

I will ask in advance for forgiveness for any errors which I may make or imply. In addition, I know that the American translation is not always the most correct, I hope that there will be some of you out there ready to convey important thoughts which may have been lost in the translation.

Also I am a new blogger so if things move around, or formats change, please know that I am learning about this blogging thing along the way too...

So join me on this journey, I pray that I will learn more from this reading, and from you too...

In Christ,
Pastor Larry Wright

2 comments:

amelithpastor said...

Sehr gut, meine Bruder in Christ...und mein Bruder!

Rev. Larry Wright said...

Danke meine Franz!