Friday, April 21, 2017

Psalm 102:4 Your daily bread...

Psalm 102:4       My heart is struck down like grass and has withered;   I forget to eat my bread.

AELW 11:297
"I am smitten as grass, and my heart is withered, because I forgot to eat my bread. Until now he is speaking in the person of his part, which savors the flesh; they are grass, as was said Ps. 90:6, and they are cut down by the scythe of death. And then the carnal heart, which flourished in the flesh and with the flesh, dries up and withers with it at the same time. Why? Because he does not eat his bread, that is, the Word of the Lord which endures forever. For Is. 40:6, 8 says: “All flesh is grass … The flower has fallen, and the grass has withered, … but the Word of the Lord endures forever.” These things will not befall him, but those of whom the people here speaking are a part."



No comments: