Thursday, April 20, 2017

Psalm 102 - Hear my prayer O Lord, let my cry come to you!


Psalm 102:1-2
      1       Hear my prayer, O LORD;
               let my cry come to you!
      2       Do not hide your face from me
                    in the day of my distress!
                Incline your ear to me;
                    answer me speedily in the day when I call!

AELW 11:295-296

"O Lord, hear my prayer, and let my cry come to Thee....

...and what does my prayer and my cry want? Turn not Thy face away from me (v. 2)

...Therefore he here seeks his good things, which are the very face of Christ, and he has the mind and the spirit in his prayer at the same time, for he understands what he prays, and he knows what he desires.

After this, he prays that his evils might be removed, saying: In whatever day I am in trouble, incline Thy ear to me. For we do not yet possess our good things in reality, but in faith and hope, and therefore it is necessary to be in tribulations and evils. For if those blessings were here in this life, we would not have evils. But we do not have those blessings now; and we still hope for those others. Nothing is left but that we have these evils. However, lest we fail in these, we cry to the Lord that He would not forsake us in tribulation."

No comments: