Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Psalm 4 - Excursus

Psalm 4 is one of my favorites, I use it quite often in visits to the homebound and those who are near to death in this world, near to life eternal.

I especially like the versified version as authored by Henry V. Gerike. That version can be purchased through Concordia Publishing House.

I know it is pricey, but included in this CD is 27 Psalms with wonderful settings which you can cut and paste or print out for bulletins.

Personally, I have printed out the text for Gerike's Psalm 4 and put it in the back cover of my Pastoral Care Companion. I found great comfort in singing this to my father in his last breaths, as well as sharing this with many others.

I pray you will find comfort in the words of this Psalm and from Christ to which all scripture points...

No comments: